mac cosmetics coupons mac makeup brushes set images

Best roughts in the Transvaal? - Local Knowledge - MotoStar South Africa
Thursday, May 24, 2018

Forum

MotoStar Forum  Discussions  Local Knowledge  Best roughts in the Transvaal?
Disabled Previous

Next Disabled
New Post 2/21/2012 10:24 AM
  Windgat
17 posts
No Ranking

Best roughts in the Transvaal?  (Nigeria)

Where is some of the best riding done in JHB? 

New Post 2/22/2012 5:03 AM
  Bob Smith
18 posts
No Ranking

Re: Best routes in the Transvaal?  (N/A)
Modified By Bob Smith  on 2/21/2012 11:04:32 PM)

Howzit Windgat,

I am not sure which part of JHB you live in but the western side towards Magalies and the Dam have some pretty good roads. Other than the obvious R512 (Lanseria Road), which is pretty dangerous, the satellite road (R400) is probably the best one for high speed, with an awesome straight past the satellite dishes which will allow 340+kmh on a ZX-12R if you hook 6th gear before the kink...

Then there is the R104, closer to Rustenburg past the buffelspoort dam, which is pretty good. If you want to go further out then the R30, from Derby to Olifants Nek, is quite good as well (especially early morning). 

Not sure what type of riding you do, but there are some really good roads in that part of JHB, with pretty much anything around Magaliesberg, Rustenburg, and Harebeespoort providing good fun.

As always, make sure your bike is well prepared, your phone has some charge, and that you are wearing the proper gear before twisting that grip to the stop.

Regards

Bob

fast bob

New Post 5/22/2012 11:44 AM
  notickets
2 posts
No Ranking

Re: Best routes in the Transvaal?  (South Africa)

Bob,

I am from Durban and would like to find some twisties. I live in the East Rand at the moment but will be moving to the West Rand soon. I am not one for much straight line speed as it gets boring for me. Do you know of any good twisties close to me?

Disabled Previous

Next Disabled
  MotoStar Forum  Discussions  Local Knowledge  Best roughts in the Transvaal?

Copyright 2003 - 2014 Motostar South Africa