mac cosmetics coupons mac makeup brushes set images

A great ride on a sunday morning in Jozi - Routes To Ride Before You Die - MotoStar South Africa
Thursday, May 24, 2018

Forum

MotoStar Forum  Discussions  Routes To Ride ...  A great ride on a sunday morning in Jozi
Disabled Previous

Next Disabled
New Post 11/28/2008 5:27 AM
  Biker Boy
2 posts
No Ranking

A great ride on a sunday morning in Jozi  (Australia)

Let me start by saying that I have had the good fortune of being able to ride many of South Africa's roads on some really amazing bikes, so I would consider myself well qualified to make some reccomendations.

This post is not intended as a way of divulging the secret race tracks of the country, but as South Africa has some excellent roads, and very poor law enforcement (which is a bonus to most bikers at this present time), high speeds are possible with little chance of penalty (except of course loosing your life if you want to ride above your ability).

So while it is possible to go very fast, most people will be happy to enjoy the fact that they feel free whilst on their bikes, and that alone is worth it. The high speed (and associated adrenalin rush) is a bonus.

So here are my roads to Ride:

Johannesburg:

1. Broederstroom Road

Start: 25°58'22.07" S, 27°41'06.93" E

End 25°47'49.05" S, 27°51'29.23" E

A well known sunday morning route for anyone living in Jozi.

This road is best ridden in the direction as stated, but is a good ride in both directions. There are only three intersections with other roads, all on the left when ridden in the preferred direction. All intersections should all be treated with utmost caution, although most residents are aware that the road is popular with bikers and tend to pay attention. There are also numerous entrances to game lodges and private farms, so keep a look out for these as well.

There have been many fatal crashes involving motorcyclists and excessive speed on this piece of road, so be aware and take care. If you are looking for food at the end then there is a Wimpy close to the Hartebeespoort side, and many other eating places around the dam.

Enjoy

New Post 2/21/2012 10:34 AM
  Windgat
17 posts
No Ranking

Re: A great ride on a sunday morning in Jozi  (Nigeria)

Are there any more roughts?

New Post 2/22/2012 5:07 AM
  Bob Smith
18 posts
No Ranking

Re: A great ride on a sunday morning in Jozi  (N/A)

Hey Windgat, you tell me where you live, and I will tell you what I know of in that area.

Regards

Bob

fast bob

Disabled Previous

Next Disabled
  MotoStar Forum  Discussions  Routes To Ride ...  A great ride on a sunday morning in Jozi

Copyright 2003 - 2014 Motostar South Africa